2831 Curie Place | San Diego, CA 92122 | 858.457.4353
I know that you habe been interested by creating a website, or by enhancing your existing one.
Summary: The early Web's explosive growth rate has slowed, but even the mature Web is still expanding and recently crossed the 100 M websites mark.
Netcraft's latest Web survey found 101,435,253 websites in November 2006. Not all of these sites are live: some are "parked" domains, while others are abandoned weblogs that haven't been updated in ages. But even if only half the sites are maintained, there are still more than 100 M sites that people pay to keep running.?
* 1991-1997: Explosive growth, at a rate of 850% per year.
Adobe ? Flash ??Player (free to download) used to be the world's most pervasive software platform, used by over 2 million professionals and reaching 99.0% of Internet-enabled desktops in mature markets as well as a wide range of devices.
Comparison?of Flash versus Windows Media Player, Quick Time, Real One Player
This software is the industry-leading authoring environment for creating engaging interactive experiences. It allows for someone to deliver:
- Sounds/music (like in MySpace),?
- Movies/Video (like in YouTube)
- Animation (whether animated object, or smooth transitions between pages)
- Interactivity (allowing the viewer to choose his/her course of actions)
You may or may not have heard of the term "Social Media Networking"?(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media).?Well, if you didn't hear; it will resonate when I tell you that Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace are just the elements of it.
Just as an example the Facebook Growth is pretty amazing.?
- Facebook Surpasses 175 Million Users, Continuing to Grow by 600k Users/DayFebruary It grew from 150,000,000 users in January to 175,000,000 users today.
- 45% of Facebook’s US audience is now 26 years old or older.
- The fastest growing segment in the US: Women over 55, up 175.3% in the last 120 days. Facebook growing faster with women than men in almost every age group.
- The number of people on Facebook grew by over 10% monthly in 52 countries in January. It grew by over 20% monthly in January in 13 countries.
- Facebook’s monthly growth accelerated by at least 25% in 30 countries in January vs. December 2008."
Twitter? Facebook? Squidoo? These sites are soon becoming your new marketing platforms. Are you ready? Do you know how to use them? Are you even aware of the value they hold and the growing number of business professionals that are quickly gaining market presence by using them?
Do you remember when email was laughed at? Why would I email when I can just pick up the phone? Ha! We all DEPEND on email now! The same is happening with social networking sites. "Now you can learn how to unleash the power of social networking from leading experts, authors and speakers. Twitter? Facebook? Squidoo? These sites are soon becoming your new marketing platforms. Are you ready? Do you know how to use them? Are you even aware of the value they hold and the growing number of business professionals that are quickly gaining market presence by using them?
Social media are distinct from industrial media, such as newspapers, television, and film. While social media are relatively inexpensive and accessible tools that enable anyone (even private individuals) to publish or access information, industrial media generally require significant resources to publish information. Examples of industrial media issues include a printing press or a government-granted spectrum license.
"Industrial media" are commonly referred to as "traditional", "broadcast" or "mass" media
Radio:?Compared to television, magazines and newspaper, radio does deliver Target Audiences at very, very low costs. You can reach, say, Females aged 25-44 for as little as $8.50 per thousand in a local radio :60 or even $1.99 per thousand on XM/Sirius. The same ladies would cost $30.00 or so per thousand in a TV :30. A full page color ad in TIME, PARENTS, or COSMO could easily cost $85.00 per thousand impressions. Most people listen to the radio for 8 to 12 hours a week. They spend 20 minutes or so thumbing through magazines.
Newspaper Ads:?The oldest form of advertising is still an effective way to reach a large number of people. Find out if it's right for you.
Appropriate For Any business
Typical Cost: $200 (for local ads) to $20,000 (for local or national ads), depending on the publication, ad size and your contract with the publication
Television Advertising Costs?- A Primer
How much does a TV advertising campaign cost? Many entrepreneurs assume television is incredibly expensive and don't even consider it. The reality is that it's worth learning more about television advertising costs. Advertising on television may be more economical than you might think.
Sooner or later, every entrepreneur is tempted by the allure of television advertising. Yet most will never seriously explore the possibility of promoting their product in a TV commercial because they assume it is cost-prohibitive. But is that really true? Is television advertising cost-prohibitive for small- to medium-sized business owners? The answer is, well, complicated.
When pricing a television commercial, you need to weigh the costs of two separate things: (1) the cost of producing the commercial, and (2) the cost of airing it.
It has been estimated that the average cost of producing a 30-second national TV commercial is nearly $350,000. But before you panic, understand that like any other form of advertising, a television commercial can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. Not surprisingly, the cost to produce the commercial goes up as the quality and complexity of the commercial increases.
Small- to medium-sized businesses cannot afford to invest $350,000 in a single commercial. But, decent quality TV commercials can be produced for as little as $1,000 if you know where to look. The best place to start is with freelancers or small production agencies.
Internet Cost?Hosting: Free to 200$/month and more (depending on space needed, number of simultaneous readers)
Creation: Free to $20,000 dollars, depending on the complexity, interactivity, design, animation.
Maintenance: $20/month and up (and even more if company has a full staff to maintain)
- Information always up-to-date,?
- Possibility (SEO or Search Engine Optimization) to rank the positioning of the site on Search Engines (Google, Yahoo, etc).
- Possibility to enhance the ranking by using the "PaypPer-Click" mechanism (More on future email)
- Analysis of the number of readers, the time spent, the page viewed Lowest cost per number of characters/information given compared to all other medias
- This will not become obsolete compared to other medias, because Internet is the major information trend in this century
Video advertising is one of the oldest forms of advertising ever made, something that comes next to print advertising. The commercials you see in TV are concrete examples of video adverts. Since video adverts are considered as more effective than print advertising, online marketers have adopted the system in every possible manner.
Apart from the medium, internet advertising is classified on the basis of pricing techniques. There is lot of flexibility when it comes to internet buying and selling. Here everyone can choose what they need and eliminate the rest. This makes things more cost efficient and targeted. Even the advertisers have to pay only if their advertisements are in demand. In other words, if no one watches your ad, you don't have to spend on it. This is the reason why methods like Pay Per Click and Pay Per Lead advertising became so popular. As time went on the system became more goal specific. Now advertisers would pay the host only if someone buys their product or expresses an interest in buying or hiring their services. This method is technically known as Cost Per Action marketing. It is a more specific online marketing technique where the advertiser pays the ad network only if someone responds to his advertisement.
Forrester Research expects the online video marketing market to explode to $7 Billion by 2012, with a 72% compound annual growth rate! But measuring the effectiveness of online video campaigns is at the forefront of many a marketer’s mind.
Nearly 60% of marketers surveyed in Forrester’s recent study, Interactive Marketing Channels to Watch, 2008 cite “measuring effectiveness” as the greatest challenge to using online video as a marketing tool.
I invite you to download a complimentary whitepaper entitled "Video Marketing: Proven Strategies and Future Trends"?today from?http://getwsipowered.com/
1) Using a Weak Password:?Avoid simple names or words you can find in a dictionary, even with numbers tacked on the end. Instead, mix upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols. A password should have at least eight characters. One good technique is to insert numbers or symbols in the middle of a word, such as this variant on the word "houses": hO27usEs!
2) Leaving Your Full Birth Date in Your Profile:?It's an ideal target for identity thieves, who could use it to obtain more information about you and potentially gain access to your bank or credit card account. If you've already entered a birth date, go to your profile page and click on the Info tab, then on Edit Information. Under the Basic Information section, choose to show only the month and day or no birthday at all.
3) Overlooking Useful Privacy Controls:?For almost everything in your Facebook profile, you can limit access to only your friends, friends of friends, or yourself. Restrict access to photos, birth date, religious views, and family information, among other things. You can give only certain people or groups access to items such as photos, or block particular people from seeing them. Consider leaving out contact info, such as phone number and address, since you probably don't want anyone to have access to that information anyway.
4) Posting Your Child's Name in a Caption:?Don't use a child's name in photo tags or captions. If someone else does, delete it by clicking on Remove Tag. If your child isn't on Facebook and someone includes his or her name in a caption, ask that person to remove the name.
5) Mentioning That You'll Be Away From Home:?That's like putting a "no one's home" sign on your door. Wait until you get home to tell everyone how awesome your vacation was and be vague about the date of any trip.
6) Letting Search Engines Find You:?To help prevent strangers from accessing your page, go to the Search section of Facebook's privacy controls and select Only Friends for Facebook search results. Be sure the box for public search results isn't checked.
7) Permitting Youngsters to Use Facebook Unsupervised:?Facebook limits its members to ages 13 and over, but children younger than that do use it. If you have a young child or teenager on Facebook, the best way to provide oversight is to become one of their online friends. Use your e-mail address as the contact for their account so that you receive their notifications and monitor their activities. "What they think is nothing can actually be pretty serious," says Charles Pavelites, a supervisory special agent at the Internet Crime Complaint Center. For example, a child who posts the comment "Mom will be home soon, I need to do the dishes" every day at the same time is revealing too much about the parents' regular comings and goings.
Copyrighted 2009, Consumers Union of U.S., Inc. All Rights Reserved.
When I built your website, we mainly worked on its design components - elegance, limited scrolling, smooth navigation and the pleasant display of attractive images. The initial focus for your website was to be an extension of your business card.
I know that you are concerned with getting new customers and developing your brand ?ultimately growing your business. While this may seem obvious, what is less apparent is how other successful businesses of all sizes are using the Internet to achieve rapid growth.
Yes, you already have a great looking Web site, but having a Web site and using it to?really?grow your business are two different things. Here’s what SEO people are doing to bring in a constant flow of new customers:
Search marketing and search engine optimization (SEO).?Google, Bing, and Yahoo are the most powerful tools on the Internet driving commerce. He helps you harness their power and get you at the top of the search engine result pages.
Social Media Optimization (SMO).?Twitter and Facebook are just a part of any effective campaign to drive traffic to your site. He sets up your social media presence and even tweets, blogs and posts for you on a regular basis.
Consulting.?They works with you to significantly grow your business and get to the next level using the web site you already have in place.
It’s important to realize that a good Web design and effective SEO enhances branding, offline advertising, and direct marketing. In this way, your other marketing campaigns, when orchestrated with good search engine visibility, can achieve a high degree of success. SEO in tandem with good Web design, makes your other marketing activities that much more effective.
Please let me know, if you’d like to set up a call or meeting to see yourself how you can attract more customers and grow your business.
Go ahead, take him up on his offer and let me know what time works best for you.
Latest Development in the World of Search Engines
Though this email is short, it provides you with some important information that will be changing how we all see and use the web.
Google rolled out the "+1 button" similar to Facebook "like" button.
Google also confirmed that the +1 button will influence search ranking positions.
The number of +1 clicks and the person who clicks on your +1 buttons might influence the search ranking of your pages.
Read more about it here:?http://aceseoconsulting.com/what-is-google-plus-one/
Top 3 search engines unite to make the web richer than it already is.
With?www.schema.org,?site owners can improve how their sites appear in search results not only on Google,
but on Bing, Yahoo! and potentially other search engines as well in the future.
Learn more about it here:?http://aceseoconsulting.com/what-is-schema/
Learn more about it here and download the eBook at :?http://www.hubspot.com/thank-you-intro-to-building-landing-pages